Tuesday, June 2, 2009

foil party from the future

My buddy Lee - not the Buddy Lee,  but a buddy of mine whose name is Lee - had his birthday party a few weeks ago in Oakland. It was an f'n  blast. The theme was "The Future" and everyone had to dress up using foil somehow to get into the party. Once inside, the booze, beats and breakdancing flowed freely. Lee's dance crew, For The Cause, capped off the evening with a drunken performance, which still blew the crowd away. 

Here are some photos from the evening. 

Lee throws his foil Mechwarrior Pilot outfit into high gear.















I fashioned my foil glasses and foil watch (not pictured) in the cab on the way there. 

Alternate caption: Futuristic Dan looks an awful lot like present-day Elton John.








The party was off the hook. The hook was off the chain. And the chain was off it's fucking rocker.




I got home around 2am and turned on ESPN. And what greeted me but a female 9-ball billiards player with a misspelled version of my last name? I mean, can you say ironic? Someone call Sheryl Crow!

No comments:

Post a Comment